The latest Feedback that I received from my assigned personal tutor and Illustrator Chris Glynn was on Monday the 23rd of October. In this tutorial I presented my visual sequential concepts for my story project as seen in this post. The tutorial opened the discussion of the ideas for my story and planning my steps forward. Chris shared these valuable ideas and suggestions that he usefully visually recorded. The ideas:
- Create a 32 page dummy book for the 4th of December formative assessment.
- Supply the dummy book to students to gain their feedback – offer it to other tutors for feedback. Learn what is working and what isn’t.
- Work with flat plan’s to allocate where I envision what image and where text would be on the page in the dummy book.
- As I am working in landscape so it is cinematic, what size book – research for examples – book shops.
- What age range is my book for – I envision my story book to be for young children and adults.
- Is my book a part of a series or a singular tale – At the moment I consider my book to be a singular story as I am focusing on the storytelling of this one project before I consider its other possibilities which I feel would come later when the story is more developed. It is too uncertain at the moment.
- Design places and characters – what does the society look like? where can I go to gain inspiration for my environments? – St Fagons, National Museum and Welsh Forests.
- What does my imagined world look like?
- I can work with quick loose drawings for the dummy book.